Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Dreaming...


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and this image from Doodle Pantry is helping me to get in the mood! I used one of the images from The 12 Days of Christmas Color plus set. Such a wonderful set! You get 24 images (12 colored and 12 outline) and 24 sentiments! What a wonderful set for $4.50! You will be seeing more of this set as I have a few cards and creations planned to use it with! Go over to Doodle Pantry and check out all of the marvelous images Laurie has for sale...you will be happy you did!
My card was placed through my printer to place the wording on it for the background. I used a top from take out food to make the silver circle behind my image and my Expression to make the swirl (from Give A Hoot cartridge). I then paced thin ribbon on both the top and bottom of the card to finish it off! My image is on two layers of foam tape to raise it up.
I would like to also enter the following challenges with my card:
Double Dutch challenge #40 - Recipe
My Mum's Craft Shop - Things with Wings
Shopping Our Stash#27 - Anything Christmas

17 comments:

AllisonG said...

Very nice! I love how you used the recycled take out container for your bit of silver that adds so much. Great idea!

Elizabeth Hart said...

You are kidding me -- I was admiring that touch of silver and then I read your blog and it was from take-out.Wow that is incredible. Love. love this card.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Georgia, this is so pretty! I love how you printed the back paper with the sentiment! Great creativity girl!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

Great idea, Georgia! Love your card!! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Karen Howard said...

This is just darling, love how you used the sentiment for the background! Hugs, Karen

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is a great card, love it! I like the silver sparkle (:

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the printed background and gorgeous swirl. Cute image too, brill idea for your silver circle. Thanks for joining us this week at MMCS.
Lyndsey xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Georgia, I must do more recycling, that bit of silver is fab. Love your card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Georgia, I love how you created your own designer paper for the background. Gorgeous card!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Such a creative use of this set! I love how you created the background paper by repeating the sentiment over and over again. What a brillant idea!

Dawn Frost said...

I really like the background, perfect how you did the sentiment!

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

super cute! thanks for playing at MMCS this week! hugs carlyann xxx

Crystal said...

Way to go Georgia! Love how you recycled the take out container, thanks for the fabulous idea! Super cute card too. Love the image. Thank you for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

Deena said...

love this partridge in a pear tree and the background words to go with it...wonderful card...thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash winter or Christmas challenge this week!

June Houck said...

Lovely card, Georgia! I like the ribbon weaving in and out of the scroll :) I am so glad you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash.

Gaynor Greaves said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, I like this a lot, just lovely, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Kathy W. said...

Wow! This is amazing Georgia. Love it..thanks for sharing.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...