Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Turkey!


I hope everyone here in the States had a great Thanksgiving. Our family had a great time celebrating together. We had a 38 lb.turkey! Feasting was done by all... I still have 2 pies left to munch on this week! This pumpkin turkey was the centerpiece on our table. He sure looked happy and everyone loved "plucking" his tail feathers! One of my students brought one of these into school for our "snack of the week". I just knew I would have to copy this idea and use it for our celebration.I used grapes and chunks of cheddar cheese for the tail feathers and cheese for the nose with raisin eyes. It was a hit! It sure is wonderful to be able to celebrate holidays with those you love. I hope you had the opportunity to thank God for your blessings like I did!The next day (Friday)was my son Tom's 19th birthday so the partying continued!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

What a cute center piece! Glad you had a great time with you family. That's what life is all about.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...