Friday, March 14, 2014

Oh Baby...!

Everyone loves a new baby! This week at Cardz TV the challenge is to create a card for a new baby. Here is what I created:

My sentiment is from one of Mary's newest stamp sets: Sugar Rush. My papers are from papers I bought at a "garage sale" from my stamping store so I don't know whose they are...sorry! My image is from Jellypark Friends. I love this sweet giraffe and thought it perfect for a baby card. I used an Stampin' Up punch to string the twine through the paper to the front.My image is popped up and the little hearts on the sentiment are from a punch from Studio G. The base for the sentiment was cut out using a Spellbinder die and then distressed around the edges with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.
Here is the inside of the card...
Once again the same turquoise paper was used (even tho it doesn't look the same in the light that I took the picture in). Another Spellbinder die from the same set was used to place the sentiment on and a vine was cut pout using yet another die! The sentiment is from another Cardz TV stamp set: Ticket Talk 2.

I also CASED a card that Mary had done on her blog because I just thought it was so darn cute! Here it is:
If you want to check out her video on how to make this card just click here and you will be taken to the video! I used different colors and also a different sentiment (from Cardz TV) which changed mine up a little bit from hers.
Make sure to hop on over to Cardz TV and check out the challenge and all of the lovely cards made by my team mates. Then hopefully you will join in the fun!
Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Aww, your cards are adorable Georgia! I love the fun papers you used in your first card and that giraffe is so cute. You bear in your second card is adorable too. Nice to have some great cards in your stash. Hugs

Desire Fourie said...

Such cute, fun and colourful creations.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stephanie said...

How adorable and sweet! Happy weekend to you :)

DebC said...

So cute!!
Deb

Jeri said...

Two sweet little cards. Love the bright colors you used. So often you see pastels for babies.

Christine said...

Your cards are so cute Georgia!!! I'm in love with that little giraffe with the heart and flower spots. Adorable!!!

sophiesmama said...

Georgia, Both of your cards are SO sweet! Thanks for all you do for Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...