Thursday, January 23, 2014

Loving these Jars...

Hi everyone! I'm finally going back to work tomorrow and am super hyped! My vestibular therapy is going well and I can balance once again! LOL
Today I want to share a few cards that I created using an image that I found online of a canning jar. Here are the first cards that I made...

I used Kraft paper and traced the jar template outonto a 5"x7" card base and then cut my card to the shape of the jar. I added labels made using one of my new die sets from Spellbinders and strawberries and flower blossom from the Preserves cartridge from Provo Craft and Cricut. My vine was made using a Sissix die. I used Baker's twine to tie around the jar top to complete the card. I love how they turned out.

Next I took the same canning jar image; printed it out a little smaller and colored it with my Copics. They were then cut out and I used a piece of material to tie around the jar tops. These were then mounted to a 4.5 x 5.5 card base which I covered with design paper from my scraps.
I also added a single label and the same strawberries as the first time. The sentiment is a stamp from a stamp set from Joys Life.


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - It's All New (use new stash, etc... My image is new and so are my label dies)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes (with sentiment)
Aud Sentiments - Pick Your own Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - So Sweet!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Berry beautiful mason jars, ( a favorite of mine). Glad you can balance. Thank you for posting this outstanding project with us. Remember you can enter 5 pieces of art each week which gives you five chances to win one of our very sweet prizes.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson,
Word Art Wednesday

Angie said...

Very nice jars! Good for you with the therapy! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/
http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Hi Georgia, these jars are so darn cute. Love how you decorated them and the possibilities are endless.

Thanks for the comment on the BSS blog, highly unusual when anyone leaves a comment....appreciate you taking the time.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome art in our challenge. It's a real treat.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...