Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Pirates Life For Me...

Hi everyone! I have been away from my blog for a couple weeks as I had a lot going on in my life. My father was in Hospice and passed away last Friday January 10th. He was 92 years old and had a full life. He kept me pretty busy between visits and still working full time. My sister came in from Florida and stayed with me to visit with our Dad during this time. On Thursday of last week my body decided to play tricks on me and I became extremely dizzy! I can't walk without holding on to walls...such fun. After seeing a neurologist I finally have an answer. I have vestibular neuronitis. Fancy word to say that my left ear has lost 40 percent of its balancing abilities and because of that I am dizzy! I start vestibular therapy today and am on a week of steroids so hopefully I will learn to cope with this and get on with my life. Whew! Enough about me; now on to my card...

I created this card using a pirate image from Jellypark Friends. This image has been earmarked this year with all proceeds from its sale going to the Willow Foundation. What fun to color! I also decided to make my own paper as I wanted to create a treasure map. Here is the front of the card...


My image was colored with Copic and Promarkers. The striped paper is from a journaling tag. The sentiment is from a $1 stamp at Michael's. Now here is a look at the inside of the card...

Another image was colored and a few stamps were used. I used a gray and a tea dye distress inks for the edges.I drew and colored in some land markers and dotted lines to complete the "treasure map". I think a young lad would love to receive this. What do you think?
Make sure to go over to Jellypark Friends and check out the latest challenge..."Buttons and Bows".

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Make it Monday -Anything Goes
CMC - Anything Goes (Copic or other alcohol markers)
Sister Act - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything with a Twist (party time)
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

What a fabulous fun card .Love all the images and your hand made paper .
How blessed you are to have had your Father near you for so long and to have been near when the next stage of his life began .I do hope that your health recovery and healing is swift .
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Make it Monday .

Penny said...

I loved this when I first saw it on FB! It is such an original and fabulous creation, and I think any little boy would be thrilled to get it! :^)
Gosh, right after your dad's passing you develop this ear condition? Oh, I am ever so sorry--I had a different kind of ear condition years ago that lasted several months and I know how un-fun it can be. I wish you a very speedy recovery from this!
Sending you big hugs, Penny

Leanne said...

Awesome boy card, I love the paper and the map details, awesome! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper, great job!

Leanne DT@OCS!

Desire Fourie said...

Georgia I am terrible sorry to hear about the very trying times you have gone through and still are. May sweet memories of your Dad keep him alive in your hearts. Please look after yourself.
Your card is just so fun. Just love it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shari said...

Sorry about your loss and am keeping you in thoughts while you learn to deal with your health concerns.
Your card is fabulous - love the whole map design!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

Tracey said...

thinking of you georgia
this is a wonderful creation & so inspirational.
hugs
tracey
xx

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...