Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December!

It is hard to believe that the year has flown right by and we are now in December! I really believe that the older you get...the faster the time seems to go by! When I was a child the year seemed forever...now it seems like a flash of lightening! Since it is the first of December (did you remember to say "rabbits when you woke up?) that means that there is a new release from Doodle Pantry.
I had the good luck to work with one of the new release images called "Trumpet Vine". One of my good friends gave me this same plant this summer and I love it! I thought this would make a great thank you card for him.

As you can see it comes with a lined image and several sentiments...one that I am sure will be perfect for that card you need to create for someone!
Here is my card with the thank you sentiment...

I colored it with my trusty Copic markers. I scored around the image using my Scor-Pal and then colored the score lines with a glitter pen. My vines were made using a die and my Cuttlebug. I found the layout for the card online at Triple J Designs.
I did take a few liberties with the sketch to make it my own but am quite pleased with how it turned out.
Here is a close up of my image...

There isn't a challenge for this month at Doodle Pantry but there's a huge blowout sale at Doodle Pantry from December 1st - 24th: 35% off. And from December 1st - 8th, you receive a free stamp set with any purchase. The free set is Vintage Ornaments.
so why not do some Holiday shopping for the one you love?!
Have a great weekend everyone!


8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Georgia, this is such a beautiful card with outstanding coloring. Your design and color choices could not be more perfect. Another fabulous creation. Have a great weekend!

Linda Anderson said...

What a stunning card Georgia!! Simply a perfect thank you card for your friend!

Linda

Penny said...

Lovely card, Georgia! I like your take on that sketch, and I love that image! :^)
Time does go faster the older we get. What a bummer, huh? LOL! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Marsha said...

How fun to send this beautiful card to your friend with the same plant on it. Pretty colors.

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous colouring and I love your take on the sketch!

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow your coloring is really awesome. Just love that image. Great card.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Flowers seem to be the big theme for the blog and loving everyone of them...WOW! Thanks for the beautiful close up of your image. yes, the older I get the faster the time goes by...oh dear. Enjoying the wonderful blog hop!

Anonymous said...

The angel trumpet is my favorite. I have several overwintering in my basement. Your coloring is wonderful.
Emilie Boyd Zeppercookturquoise@yahoo.com

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...