Monday, December 17, 2012

A Country Christmas...


Doesn't this wagon wheel just make you think "country"? It sure does to me! I love the thought of a big old ranch somewhere with lots of horses and ranch hands...(cute, "buff" ones...lol!). A girl can dream can't she?! Never too old or too married to "dream"! Any who... I made this card using one of the wagon wheel images from Doodle Pantry that was pre-colored. This card went together fairly quickly as I used two of the papers that come with the set. Only my background paper to cover the card base is from my stash. It is from Recollections. I opened up this set in Photoshop and played around with it until I liked how it looked. The sentiment is from another Doodle Pantry set. My greenery is punched using an EK Success punch. Buttons from my stash as were the rub on jingle bells along the side. I love the look of snow and sure hope we get some for Christmas this year. It was 50 degrees Fahrenheit today... not a good sign for snow! Usually Buffalo, NY has a couple of feet by now! Maybe Al Gore was right about global warming... I could be living in the "Miami of the North" in a few years...haha!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make it Monday- Always Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Come & Get It - Merry Christmas

11 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty card and yes it does remind me of a ranch scene - I haven't played with this set yet but want to soon. Great job.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This wheel image made such a perfect setting for the snow - fabulous!!

Donna Ellis said...

A pretty, festive, colorful card! Love the jingle bells on the side, and the gorgeously colored image. Beautiful card.

Glenda Atkins said...

So beautiful, love the wagon wheel image and the wonderful background design you created behind it.

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the country scene just needed the flies to be realistic LOL
Great papers along with tiny bells as embellishing . Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday .
Shirley-Anne

Desire Fourie said...

Georgia great country theme and design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

Penny said...

Love the Western feel to this card, Georgia! That wheel is so cool! :^)
Hugs, Penny

loz said...

Fantastic card and image Georgia. Saw this on MIM..Loz

Misty's said...

Hi Georgia
I saw you on MIM and came to take a closer look. Your card is just brilliant. Love all the layers and the image with the wheel is fantastic too... what a great scene.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
Michaela xx

Unknown said...

Stunning card thank you for sharing with us at Creative Moments.
Kaz.

Judy said...

Hey Georgia,

I seen your card on MIM, and I had used this very stamp. Yours is so pretty, and I am a country gal, so I really love your card.

Super job!

xo
Judy

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...