Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy July Everyone!

Today is the beginning of July and boy did I wake up to a mess! For some reason "Blogger" decided that my blog was spam and deleted it! What fun I had figuring out how to restore it...Hopefully it worked and you are viewing it right now!
Anywho... Today starts a new release over at Doodle Pantry and I wanted to share my creations with you.
I made 2 cards using 2 of the new releases. The first one is called "Mini Bethlehem" and my card has a 'Southwestern" feel to it...
It comes with digital papers and the sweet image (both line outline and colored). I used Quirky Turkey digital paper for my background and then added a band of paper from the new set. My image was then placed over it. (All done in Photoshop). I added a Sissix die cut star.
My second card is from the new set called, "Balloon Birdie". Oh how I love this sweet bird! I hand colored this time and then used my Cricut to cut out the sun using two different sizes and popping the smaller one up over the bigger one. Both were run through my Cuttlebug using the swiss dot folder and then inked around the edges. The sentiment is one from the set.

Make sure to go over to Doodle Pantry and check out their new challenge for the month too. You will receive a new image to work with for the challenge! This image is only available for a short time though so make sure to check it out!
I would like to enter the following challenges with one or both of my cards:
Chocolate Coffee, and Cards - Anything Goes
Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude - Anything Goes
OSAAT - Use a digi
Paper Shelter - #70 -Punches/or dies
Perfect Sentiments - Here Comes the Sun (my 2nd card)
Scrapalicious - What do you do in the Summer? (2nd card)

26 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love both of these fab card - but especially the Bethlehem scene - really works with the orange/red color!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, you have outdone yourself, Georgia! Both cards and fabulous. The birdie is the cutest and the Bethlehem scene is outstanding!

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific cards Georgia! The Bethlehem scene is fabulous, well done, and the balloon birdie is just too darn cute!!

Donna said...

Georgia I just love your cards! I would love to know how you did the Bethlehem card in Photoshop. What a great card! And your birdie is so cute. Great inspiration!

jan farnworth said...

great card thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment.

Jennie said...

Awesome job Georgia!! I love them both, the cute birdie is amazing :D

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Both of your cards are lovely but so different whih is really nice to see. Your duck is a real cutie. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie DT

Barb said...

Both cards are darling Georgia!! I especially like the Bethlehem one!!

Jennipher said...

Your sunshine care is simply darling! Great job on our challenge at The Perfect Sentiment. Hope to see you again.

Linda Anderson said...

Both cards are simply fabulous Georgia!! Love your Christmas card and that balloon bird is darling with the addition of the sun. Fun and fabulous.

Linda

Margaret said...

Such a cute image on your sunshine card. Great coloring and layout. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

Unknown said...

Very Cute image. This is so vibrant and gorgeous.
We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.

AN said...

Ihana kesäinen kortti sinulla, Georgia tähän The Paper Shelter - Punches and/or Dies-haasteeseen! Kiitos osallistumisesta !
Onnea !
Ihanaa kesän jatkoa sinulle sinne ! An

Dawn Frost said...

Both cards are fantastic Georgia! I've got to do more photoshop cards, yours is fantastic!

marion said...

Such lovely cards. hugs, marion

krcmasterpiece said...

I love doodle pantry images! Yours is so cute. Colore very well. Love your sun!
Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thankyou for sharing your lovely creation at One Stitch at a Time. This is perfect for our Use a Digi theme. Good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

Unknown said...

Great cards! Love the design and layout on the first one (well the 2nd one too) and the cheerful colors on the 2nd sure to brighten anyone's day! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Marsha said...

What great cards. I love the SW look to your first card. What a cute sun you have put on the 2nd. Really cute.

Leah's crafts said...

great card love the vibrant images thank you so much for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude x

Cazro said...

Super cards, I love the bright strong colours on your first card. Thanks for sharing with us at Fat pages with Attitude. Caz

Lisa Oliver said...

Wow Georgia! What a beautiful non-traditional (the best kind!) Christmas card. Wow. I love it!

So glad you were able to rescue your blog! What a pain that must have been!

Thanks for sharing!

Patti P. said...

Georgia, beautiful cards. That Christmas one would be a great one to mass produce. Love the sun in your balloon birdie card.
hugs....

Lorianna said...

Both of these are so cute!!
The scene is gonna be great for Christmas!
Never to early to work on them!
Hugs
Lorianna

Nikki Byrne said...

Great cards :o) Love the bird in the balloon!! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week for our Use a digi challenge and good luck. Hugs

Nikki DT

Purple mad Alison said...

Lovely cards, both so different but both beautiful, I really like your Christmas one, great.
Thanks for joining us over on Fat Pages With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...