Sunday, February 14, 2010

Toilet Paper rolls??...Heck Yes!

I saw a tutorial on You Tube for a mini album made with empty toilet paper rolls and decided it was the right one for me to try as I always have tons of empty rolls complements of the family! LOL! You flatten the tubes, cover with paper, I used my bind it all to do the binding on one side...then I went to town decorating each page. I used stamp sets, glimmer mist,distress inks, buttons, ribbon, etc,etc,etc...


What's really neat is that each tube makes a perfect pocket for you to add tags for journaling, photos, mementos,etc. I used two smaller pieces of cardboard which I covered, distressed, inked, or stamped to give a little more dimension to the album (great fillers too, LOL). I think I will add pics of the family, and some journaling, then take it to work to show it off and perhaps get some orders for more!

So... stay tuned and once I fill it up, I will post a few more pics. Leave me some lovin"! And think "Green"!


8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Loving this. Beautiful colours and great design.
Hugs
Desire

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a very cool idea! Who would have thunk!?! What a great little album!

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful book....what an awesome idea. Great job!!!

Jodi said...

This is a good idea since we are all supposed to be going green these days!! I think you did a fabulous job with the album!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Marlene said...

Toilet paper rolls, eh? Who knew?! Beautiful job! Thanks for stopping by my blog, also. :)

CarlaKH said...

What a terrific project and super idea! Love the colors you used- so pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what a FABULOUS project.

Unknown said...

How awesome is this?? Thanks so much for showing!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...