Sunday, February 7, 2010

Going Green


I read a challenge on a blog to use an old stamp to do a challenge. It got me to thinking about the stamps that are collecting dust, so I took the Everything Old Is New Again Challenge! I took it a step further by repurposing an old card too. Read on...

This card was done using an old retired background stamp from Stampin' Up (French Script). I used an old thank you card that I thought was too pretty to throw out for all the embellishments! I cut out the main flower and then used my scalloped and round punches to cut out other parts of the card to reuse. Talk about going green! I used a piece of gray polka dot ribbon along the bottom to place my round flowers on. Now... for the inside. I made a mistake when I first placed the french script on the card front, making it face upside down...well I didn't want to waste the card stock, so I used that for the inside of the card( by turning it around and right side up to become the left side of the card) and just used another stamp to stamp "Happy Birthday" all over it. Then I stamped the right side with another sentiment, and added another embellishment from my previously cut up thank you card! So; tell me what you think?!

4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love how you repurposed and combined all the elements into a beauty of a card. Going green never looked so good!

Susie said...

Very lovely and great idea. French Script is one of my all-time favorite bg stamps. Thanks for joining us.

Ginger said...

Great Job! I love it!

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the design and colours. Wishing you a happy and loving Valentines.
Hugs
Desire

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...