Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Son...

I wanted to share the card that I made for my son James' 25th birthday this week. Hard to believe that my firstborn son will be a quarter of a century old when I am only 40...lol! (Don't I wish I was 40...!) I used one of the images from Doodle Pantry for the "Wanted"poster that I used. I used Photoshop to overlay a pic of my son and his girlfriend along with the "wanted" sentiment from the image set. Here is the front of the card...
I used a kraft paper base for the card and then "fussy" cut around the poster. This I placed on black card stock. I used some designer paper; distressing the edges with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink to place on the front of the card and then added the poster. A couple of buttons that I threaded with baker's twine and the front was done. I was going for a more masculine look and I think less is perfect for that.
Here is the inside of the card...rather simple again...
Go over to Doodle Pantry and try your hand at our challenge. You will be "rewarded" with a free set from Doodle Pantry. So...go and get your "reward"!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Digi Makeover - Anything Goes
Fashionista Challenge - week 3-Wedding or Birthday
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome creation and the photo makes it so personal.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very cute and very clever. Happy Birthday to your son. My oldest is 30 and the youngest 19, but they are still little boys in my eyes, but I do my very best to treat them like the wonderful men they have become. What a super way to use the images from DP.

loz said...

Fantastic card and photo. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Unknown said...

Terrific card for your son. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Skye said...

A great card. I love the idea of the wanted poster. I am sure your son loved it.

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Great card for a boy/ man! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Fashionista Challenge. Hugs from Lisbeth

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great birthday card
Thanks for sharing with us over at Fashionista and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Crafty Friends DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
Digi Darla DT member
Fashionista DT member
Pennys Challenges DT member


Dawn Frost said...

Love how you did that, looks amazing!

Unknown said...

OMG, what an awesome way to use the wanted poster...so very clever. Thank you for the inspiration.

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...