Thursday, March 12, 2015

Is It Spring Yet?

I don't know about you but I am so tired of snow, snow and more snow...! Over at Cardz TV we are starting a new challenge: Make a "Spring" card! Here is what I have created:


I used 2 different punches (scallop and round) from Stampin' Up to create the opening and the flower for my gate fold card. I used some green card stock from Michael's as my card base. I also used designer paper from Studio G for the outside of the card. A couple of more punches created my flower from scraps and I free hand cut the leaves and stem. My belly band to put around the card was "aged" along the edges with some Tim Holtz distress ink. I used a new heart punch I bought from Fiskers to decorate the belly band. It slides up around the card to keep it closed. My flower center uses a sentiment from Cardz TV set called "Happy Days":

I love this stamp set and find myself reaching for it so much when creating cards!
Here is the inside of my card...

And here is a close up of that flower...
Go on over to Cardz TV and check out all of the oter creations done by my team mates. Then enter our challenge for your chance to be the winner of one of Mary's awesome stamp sets!

3 comments:

Lena said...

Beautiful card, Georgia. Love the card fold and the pretty papers you used :-)
Hugs,
Lena – Cardz TV DT
Lena’s Creations

Linda said...

I love the way the gate fold opens as a flower. I am going to have to try this one. Very different!

Gerda said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the card fold!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...