Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mom...

I found a sketch that one of my friends did on her blog and I knew I wanted to try it...so here goes! The sketch is the C'est Magnifique November Sketch.
It looks like this:
Here is my finished page...
I used a self made stencil to do the "block" look on the paper with Tim Holtz distress ink. I used some Tattered Angels to spray blue and orange on parts of the paper. I also copied my friend Nancy's cute banner by sewing it together on my sewing machine and attaching it to brads. The fence was cut out with my Cricut and then embossed with a Cuttlebug branches folder. I used a wide ribbon and some fun raffia type ribbon on top of it. I made a tag to add my journaling to with a white gel pen. Assorted flowers from my stash, brads, and pearls round it out. I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to place it all but am happy with the results.
My Mom's birthday was November 15th and I wanted to do this page in her memory.She passed away in 1998 and I am so thankful for the time we shared together... She was such a cute child and I can see such a strong resemblance in several of my siblings and their children.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
C'est Magnifique - November sketch
Pile It On - With Thanks
Shelly's Images - Give Thanks
Simply Create Too #50- Give Thanks
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Stitching (my banner)

11 comments:

Chris said...

I was passing thru the thumbnails doing my duty and spotted your name, so I had to stop and say "hey". I love your homemade stencil. you went all out and made a great page. thanks for coming over to Pile It On.
Hugs,
Chris

Nancy said...

Beautifully done, Georgia! I love how you put it all together! How did you make the stencil...it's great! :o)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Very pretty. Thank you for entering it in our "Give Thanks" challenge at Simply Create Too--hope to see you next challenge too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

WOW! Well done Georgia! Thanks so much for joining our "November – Give Thanks" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images Store
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Angie said...

Very cute LO! Thanks for playing along at Simply Create Too! Angie-DT

Riette said...

What a special project!
Thank you for sharing with us at Digistamps4Joy
xxx
Riette

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful layout.
Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Gerda said...

What a very pretty layout! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

BethieJ said...

Such a LOVELY LO!! and a GREAT way to honor your moms memory!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!

Fearless said...

Really like this sketch and project you made. Quick tip to avoid paper from folding after adding paint or ink sprays etc put something heavier on the edges for a while to make it straigh it can be even a cans with drink etc ;-)

Fearless said...

oh Aand if you want to make more layouts you more than welcome to come to my blog or e-mail me for any tips if you fancy learning more technics <3

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...