Friday, August 9, 2013

How About some "Cuddly Wuddly" ?

Today the challenge at Jellypark Friends is to create a card that shows the "Cuddly Wuddly" side of you! We would like to see those creations that show your images in a loving way! I have used an image of an older couple who you can tell just by looking at it still enjoy those moments...

I colored the image using Copic markers and then added a few embellishments.The genuine article sentiment is a stamp I picked up at Michael's and stamped with a Stampin' Up ink. I doodled around the edges with a black pen. The scalloped piece under it was cut using a Spellbinder die. The paper is from a Girl Scout pack. The 40 sentiment below it is one that comes with the image. Since my Hubby and I will be celebrating 40 years of wedded bliss this coming month I will use this as our anniversary card! The button with twine was added to complete the card. Several different papers from my scrap pile were used in putting the card together. Check out the challenge at Jellypark Friends and then plan on joining in the fun!

My next card is to show the release of one of the two new images. I used another couple image for this one. Check it out...

Once again I colored the image using Copic markers. My card base was covered with yet another scrap paper (I think from Quick Quotes). I used a Spellbinder die to cut out the image and the paper behind it. Another piece of designer paper,some twine, and three hearts punched out using a G Studio heart punch finish this one. The corners of the green paper were punched out using a punch from Stampin' Up. All edges were distressed using Tim Holtz distress tea dye ink.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody #26 - Always Anything Goes

2 comments:

Penny said...

Great job on both cards, Georgia! Love your designs, DP, and embellishments on each of them! (You have much more ambition than I do!) :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous work on both! Nice dp choices and coloring of your images! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...