Friday, November 21, 2014

Color My Christmas...

Cardz TV challenge this time is to make a Christmas card using only the colors: red, pink, green and white. Here is what I created:

My stamped image is from Tiddly Inks. Isn't she adorable? I stamped her onto kraft paper then colored with Copic markers and a white gel pen. The heart was stamped with red ink from Stampin Up and then cut out. I used pop dots to place it on the card front. My sentiment is from the Cardz TV stamp set; "Just Saying". I used an embossing folder and my Cuttlebug to emboss the pink edging with hearts. I then used some ink to distress them a bit. My final touch was drawing a border around the kraft paper with a brown journaling pen.
Here is the second card that I created for this challenge:

For this card I used a Unity stamp with Olive Green ink from Stampin Up for my owl. I cut him out and used pop dots to place him on the card. My card base for both cards is white card stock that I cut into A2 card size. I used a piece of designer paper that I had in my scrap pile for the horizontal lines. My sentiment was also stamped in the same Olive Green ink. I distressed the edges of the sentiment and then placed on another scrap of paper in a complimentary color. Then I cut out three hearts from the same scrap paper as my horizontal lines paper. These were glued down in a row and outlined with a gold gel pen.
I also used the same pen to draw dashed lines on the top part of my horizontal paper.
I hope you feel intrigued to join us in this challenge. Please check out my fellow designers creation at Cardz TV and join in the fun! You just might win a Cardz TV stamp set of your choice!
Have a great weekend everyone and stay warm!
PS I live in Buffalo NY...perhaps you have seen my town in the news this week? lol
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Crafting By Designs - Get Ready for Christmas

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your two cards are darling! Have a beautiful weekend, sweet lady!

Nancy said...

Such pretty cards, Georgia! Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

Sharon said...

Great cards Georgia!!! Love the little girl. She looks so sweet! The owl is great on the other one!! :)

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...