Thursday, September 25, 2014

Yahoo! Back to Fun Times!!

Summer is finally just a memory as we all say Hello to Autumn. This means crisp fall smells like apples and beautiful falling leaves... It also means that I am back with CARDZ TV after the summer hiatus. This time around the team was broken into three different categories. First are the Card Designers (that's me!), the 3D Team, and the Gallery Designers. Today I am going to share a card I created using various papers from my stash and a sentiment from Cardz TV.


My papers are from Creative Imagination(polka dot), Stampin' Up (solid tan) and the striped is a piece of paper that I bought in a pack of loose papers at a garage sale (so I don't know the company). The brown ribbon is from Michael's as well as the buttons and twine. My stamped banners are from a stamp set from CTMH. The inks I used are from Stampin' Up. The sentiment is from the Cardz TV stamp set "Good Times". A little Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink was used around all the edges of the paper to give them more of an aged look.
I thought this card would be perfect for a guy as it isn't too "frilly and fluffy". Of course it would be perfect for a gal also!
Have a great day and be sure to go over to Cardz TV to see all of the wonderful cards made by my team mates!
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Paperminutes - Fall (my colors are all representative of Fall)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Oldie But Goodie - Anything Old (my stamp sets, paper and ribbon)
Through the Craft Door (TTCD)- Anything goes

14 comments:

Unknown said...

A simply beautiful card, the buttons and sentiment are extra special. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

Carole Robb Bisson

Creations by Kimberly said...

Oh, Georgia it's so beautiful. The buttons really make the card. <3Kim

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, Georgia! The colours and design are so pretty!
Thanks so much for all your sweet encouragement! I appreciate you! :o)

Krystal Klear Creations said...

Perfect for a guy like you said and sometimes it can be so hard to come up with masculine cards. Love the distressed and very cool papers all goes together great. LOVE T.F.I

Heike said...

simple and nice!!

xxx Heike

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so pretty I really love how you did all your different patterned pieces reminds me of a handmade quilt. How very clever and creative of you. Love too the stamp set you used.....Your card is fabulous!!

Scrapdoll7 said...

I love the style of this card Georgia! I have to try using my TH inks more with my cards and try to do a little more inking the edges. :)

Gerda said...

What a fabulous card!! Love all the pretty papers you used!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Deonna B said...

Wonderful Card! thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with Through the Craftroom Door this week.

Helen said...

Fab card - love the combination of papers!
Thanks for playing at the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
Helen x

Lena said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the colours and papers you used and the card layout is awesome!
Hugs,
Lena - CardsTV Cards DT
Lena’s Creations

Sharon said...

Great card!! Love the simplicity of it!! :)

shelly said...

great card georgia. im luvin the papers :)

Beth said...

I like this layout design & the colors you used!
~Beth
Cardz TV DT Member
craftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

Featured Post

Miss Kate Cuttables Easter Fun Paper & Die Cut Release

Spring has sprung at Miss Kate Cuttables. The flowers are in bloom and the days are longer. Bunnies, baskets, chicks and eggs ...